Simple things each neighbor can do to enhance Wellington Woods
- If you see trash laying around, please pick up and dispose of it properly
- Please place bagged yard clippings in a manner that allows storm water to pass in the event of a storm. This can be slightly within your yard or 12 inches away from curb. Bags that block water flow often float and clog up main street drains leading to street flooding.
- Place trash container and recycle out Monday evenings and retrieve from street on Tuesday early evenings. City code says they should also be out of common sight on all days except collection days.
- Maintain your lawn, hedges and tree items on a regular basis. If you are not able to, please feel free to email WWCL and we can recommend a lawn company
- Assist your neighbor when needed or possible., esp during inclement weather conditions
- Note one thing with Wellington Woods being established in 1971 is the fact we have original sewer pipes though out. A lot of residents have had pipes within property either replaced or re-line their sewer pipes. For the ones within the street they are still very old. Attached is an outline of items found and recommended from one of our long term neighbors. What not to flush.
Important phone numbers and community contacts
Department of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation: 757-385-4421 firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoning, Kevin Hershberger: 757-385-8074
Code Supervisor: Randy Blake email@example.com 757-385-1276 cell 757-373-4883
Sergeant Crime Prevention Unit: Brian Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org
Crime Prevention 2nd Precinct Liaison Officer: MPO Karangelen, 757-385-1338 email@example.com
Non-Emergency Police number: 757-385-5000
Department of Parks and REc: 757-385-1100
Virginia Beach enhanced property search tool that includes maps, photos, locations, sales info, etc: www.vbgov.com/property-search