2023 upcoming Events and Driveway Socials:
FALL FESTIVAL Oct 21,2023 from 3-530…Location Lord Seaton Circle. Our largest event of the year with lots of neighbors joining. Bounce House, face painting, corn hole, complimentary hot dogs and water/soft drinks. Chili cook off with prizes, so please bring forth your best chili. Feel free to bring a dish to share and BYOB. Special thanks to all neighbors at Lord Seaton for hosting.
August 2023 Driveway Social….Friday August 18th at 700 Earl of Warwick Court. A special thanks to Jenn and Brent Spicer for hosting. This is a family friendly event and we are expecting the famous DC Smoothies and Fresh Eats food truck on-site. BYOB and come out for a easy Friday evening from 6-8ish
We are looking for hosts of September drive socials. Interested see the sign-up form on home page
Fall Festival October 2023. This is our largest event all year with family activities, bounce houses and more on a saturday afternoon. If interested in hosting or volunteering please see sign-up genius on home page
- We are looking for monthly hosts for driveway socials…you pick the date. Looking to volunteer please email of call Alicia or Paul. Supply the driveway a couple tables, we will promote and neighbors will attend.
General Membership Meetings 730pm -810pm dates to be email for all to attend. These are zoom meeting formats
- May Driveway Social….May 19th 6:30pm until dark, Earl of Chatham Court. OVer 50 neighbors came out and celebrated our 1st driveway social for 2023. In addition to a large tree swing, we will have corn hole, fun for kids and pizza.
- FALL FESTIVAL…Saturday Oct 22,2022 from 3-530…Location Lord Seaton Circle. Our largest event of the year with 100+ neighbors joining. Bounce House, kids games, costume contest, corn hole, complimentary hot dogs and water/soft drinks. Chili cook off with prizes, so please bring forth your best chili. Feel free to bring a dish to share and BYOB. Special thanks to all neighbors at Lord Seaton for hosting.
- Friday, July 15th from 6:00-8:30…Location 832 N. Plantation Drive. A special thanks for Erica Fox hosting. Nearly 70 neighbors came out and had great times with water slides and corn hole.
- Friday, June 10, 2023 at Earl of Chatham Lane Cul-de-Sac Thanks to Food Truck, DC Smoothies and Fresh Eats for serving up some great food. A lot of neighbors came out and enjoyed. Special thanks to all neighbors at the cul-de-sac for participating.
- 2022 Kickoff Driveway social..,May 20th: 2213 Earl of Essex Drive …a special thanks to Mark Burgman for hosting. Great times fun from about 50 neighbors that were able to come out. Thanks again Mark for hosting.
- Fall Festival 2021, Oct 23rd 2-5pm…..Earl of Chatham Court. The neighbors on the court of Earl of Chatham joined forces to put on this festival. Bounce house, kids games, corn hole competitions, free hot dogs/bottled water and more. BYOB and feel free to bring a dish to share. Also the chili cook-off returned. This was the largest event of 2022
- May-May 21st 7pm at Eric and Kailey Zdankiewicz’s driveway at 912 N. Plantation Drive. Great success with over 50 in attendance. Thanks to Eric and Kailey for a fun evening. Below is a photo from this event
2019 EVENT HIGHLIGHTS….
Driveway Social June…. Friday June 21st 6:30-9pm….2200 Earl of Essex Drive (aka as the dead end Earl of Essex) This is social was hosted by Vicki and Dean Nohe. A special thanks to the 50+ that came out and enjoyed.
Driveway Socials Kick-Off
Friday, May 10 th at
6pm at The Brannock residence 920 Earl of Chatham Lane. Thanks to over 60 neighbors that came out and celebrated the Kickoff to Driveway socials.
Community Median Clean-up (Rain make-up date) …….Date to be announced in June
Join your neighbors in the median to help with light pole painting, tree trimmings and
planting. Please come out and give a hand and together we can make our
Recaps of 2018 events below:
RECENT EVENTS HIGHLIGHTS
Fall Festival, Saturday October 28th 2-5pm. Lord Seaton Circle
Thanks to all that came out and joined in the fun. In all we had another great Fall Festival with around 100 in attendance.
Chili Cook-off, Face painting, Kid Games, hot dogs, new neighbor welcome packages, games and more. In addition, we will be collected non-perishable goods and children’s books to be donated to local charities.
Wellington Woods Community Night at Casby’s
Monday, October 30th will be a special night at Casby’s Restaurant (located at 1336 N. Great Neck Road). The restaurant has graciously agreed to host a community night, with 10% of all food sales being gifted to Wellington Woods Civic League (WWCL). We arepleased to announce that we raised $116. for the Civic League. A special thanks to all that came out and stay posted for another night in January. Below is a picture of Paul Brannok receiving the check from Catherine Frohlich at Casby’s Kitchen & Tap along with a photo of a few of the 50 plus in attendance that came out and joined.
Driveway Social Friday Sept 15th, 6:30-9:30pm. Location 804 Duke of Suffolk Drive. Hosted by Jeannette Zell. Close to 50 neighbors came out and enjoyed good times.
Driveway Social: Friday August 25th at 920 Earl of Chatham, 6:30-8:30pm….Hosted by Angie and Paul Brannock. Close to 75 neighbors came out and enjoyed great fellowship.
Driveway Social: Friday June 9th 6:30-8:30pm….2200 Earl of Essex Drive (aka as the dead end Earl of Essex) This is social was hosted by Vicki and Dean Nohe. Close to 50 neighbors came out and enjoyed great times and weather. Thanks again Vicki and Dean.
Driveway Social: May 12 6-8pm…829 Earl of Chesterfield Lane…Farewell social for Lisa and Simon Coles and their family that has to return to Salisbury, United Kingdom this summer. Unfortunately we had to cancel this event due to bad weather.
WWCL first driveway social for 2017….April 21st 6-8pm…..909 Earl Of Chatham Lane…Alicia Shepard’s house. We had a great evening with warm weather and about 80-100 neighbors joined in the fun. Lots of new neighbors in attendance as well and thanks to all for attending.
June exact date tdb: Twilight Outdoor Family Movie Night
2017 Annual Fall Festival: October 28th
2017 December Holiday Party: December 7th
2017 Civic League Meetings: currently we are having officer conference call meetings on the first tuesday of each month. Time 7:15pm….anyone can attend and if you would like to be included in the call please email on the contact form on this website.
Socials and WWCL Civic League meetings: Emails will be sent to all WWCL or you can email Wellingtonwoodscivicleague@gmail.com
December Holiday Party...December 7th 6:45-8:30pm. Thanks to the 50 neighbors that came out and enjoyed. We had a lot of great food, special activities for kids, a “RE-GIFT” exchange for all that participate, 50/50 raffle, a visit from Santa and more. This event took place at the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad,1243 Bayne Drive (Next to Great NEck Library)
October Fall Festival...October 29th, 2-5pm. Special thanks to all that attended as we had close to 100 neighbors come out and enjoy socializing, hot dogs, bounce house, kid games, face painting, chili cook off, corn hole and more. Hosted by Meghan Matthews, Dee and Greg Whitley.
WWCL Civic League Meeting October 13,2016. Click here for minutes
Driveway Social, September 30th, 2016 6-8pm….hosted by Vickie and Dean Nohe. Location is at the end of Duke of Suffolk at corner of Earl of Essex.
Driveway Social, July 29, 2016 6-8pm….A special thanks to Jeannette Zell for hosting. Family fun with great food and pizza for all.
Driveway Social, June 24th…special thanks to Meg and Scott Kelsey for hosting and adding a red, white and blue patriotic theme
Summer kick-off social, May 20th… hosted by Paul Brannock